Pre-conference Seminar on “How to write and publish on top-tier journals?”
September 25th, 2019
University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
59C Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
School of Government (SOG) - University of Economic Ho Chi Minh City (UEH) are in collaboration with five other universities (Khon Kaen University, Edith Cowan University, Lanzhou University, Portland State University and Waseda University) to organize the conference. The 6th Conference on Government Performance Management and Leadership (GPML) with the main theme of “Public Value Leadership and Management for a Sustainable Future”, Ho Chi Minh City on 26 - 27th September 2019. (http://gpml2019.sog.ueh.edu.vn/)
The GPML is a bi-annual conference, which focuses on government innovations, institutional trust, and accountability to promote a sustainable future. Leading scholars and practitioners in government performance management presented papers on "management" and "leadership" innovations and growth models which promote sustainable development, creative strategies for addressing institutional trust and accountability.
Under the umbrella of the GPML-2019 conference, the organizing committee will organize a seminar “HOW TO WRITE AND PUBLISH ON TOP-TIER JOURNALS?” The seminar aims at helping young and early career researchers foster their academic publications in the areas of economic, public policy, public management and social science.
1. Seminar Presenters:
- Prof. Stephen Teo, Edith Cowan University;
- Prof. Deborah Blackman, University of New South Wales, Canberra;
- Dr. Luu Trong Tuan, Swinburne University of Technology;
- Prof. Su Dinh Thanh, University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam;
- Dr. Vo Tat Thang, University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam;
- Dr. Diep Nguyen, Edith Cowan University.
2. Seminar agenda:
- 8.30 – 9.00 (Room 103): Registration and welcome
- 9.00 – 11.30 (Room 103): “HOW TO WRITE AND PUBLISH ON TOP-TIER JOURNALS?” by Dr. Luu Trong Tuan, Swinburne University of Technology. This session will be given in Vietnamese.
13.30 - 15.00 (Room 105, 204, and 205): “DATING WITH EXPERTS”: Senior scholars (Prof. Stephen Teo, Prof. Deborah Blackman, and Prof. Su Dinh Thanh) will give advices and comments to PhD candidates and academic staff on their ideas, research design and the possibility of publication.
- (PhD candidates and academic staff need to submit 500-1000 words of their research projects/idea before the workshop on relevance of the study, significance of the study, research design, findings or proposed hypotheses/propositions, and implications at: firstname.lastname@example.org)
15.00 - 16.15 (Room 103): “Academic Career Development” by Dr. Vo Tat Thang and Dr. Diep Nguyen. The panel will give advice to PhD candidates and academic staff about how to develop early academic career, specifically on:
- Why to become academics? What are expectations for academic career? What do participants need to prepare for academic career? What is the role of publication and teaching in academic career? What should the participants do to develop their academic career in international markets?
- 16:15-16:30 (Room 103): Concluding remark by Professor Su Dinh Thanh, JABES Chief Editor,
For more information, please contact the organisers: Dr. Nguyen Van Giap at email: email@example.com.
You can register to attend the seminar at the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZGx9JzIesDR0-Nyg2q1NWHXJ8QnELKiXkJa1dHV-pCs/edit