The 6th International Conference on Government Performance Management and Leadership (GPML-2019)
26 - 27th September 2019
University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City
59C Nguyen Dinh Chieu, Ward 6, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
The International Conference on Government Performance Management and Leadership (GPML) is a collaboration between leading universities from around the globe. The GPML is a bi-annual conference, which focuses on government innovations, institutional trust, and accountability to promote a sustainable future. Leading scholars and practitioners in government performance management presented papers on "management" and "leadership" innovations and growth models which promote sustainable development, and creative strategies for addressing institutional trust and accountability.
The past GPML conferences were hosted by the School of Management at Lanzhou University, China; the Mark O. Hatfield School of Government at Portland State University, USA; Waseda University in Tokyo, Japan; Lanzhou University, China; and Khon Kaen University, Thailand. The coming GPML-2019 conference will be hosted by the School of Government (SOG) at University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (UEH), Vietnam. SOG is proud to host the 6th International Conference on Government Performance Management and Leadership (GPML-2019) and we are inviting scholars and practitioners in the field of government performance management to present their work on topics related to government performance and this year’s theme: “Public Value Leadership and Management for a Sustainable Future”.
The shift from the New Public Management (NPM) paradigm to that of Public Value Management (PVM) reflects that government performance and leadership must orient itself toward the creation of public values for the sustainable well-being of citizens. Leaders in both central and local governments must serve their citizens with public service motivation through creating public values in terms of economic, societal, and the environment. Public leaders must endeavor to increase GDP, to implement green strategy for environmental and natural resources management, to provide high-quality public services with on-going administrative reforms, e-government, and sustainable smart cities. Conference themes are:
1. Public Value Leadership
- Organizational culture and behavior
- Public service motivation
- Leadership in public value creations
- New public services theory at work
2. Public governance
- Laws on transparency and accountability
- Public participation
- Administrative reforms
3. Environment and Natural Resources Governance
- Green growth strategy
- Decentralization of natural resources management
- Social and environmental accountability
- Coastal and marine resources management
4. Innovations and Smart Urban Management
- E-government in urban management
- Smart city development and management
- E-democracy and E-participation/E-Engagement
- Leadership in innovation management
- Smart government performance
- Role of the public private partnership (PPP) in smart city development
KEYNOTE SPEAKERS: PROF. JUNGHEE LEE
Prof. Junghee Lee - PhD Program Director at School of Social Work, Portland State University DEBORAH BLACKMAN
Professor Deborah Blackman - Member of the Public Service Research Group in the School of Business at UNSW, Canberra
- Call for papers on December 2018.
- Abstract submissions begin (for individual papers and fully-organized panels), February 1, 2019.
- Deadline for abstract submissions, May 31, 2019.
- Notification of accepted proposals, June 15, 2019.
- Registration deadline for presenters, July 31, 2019.
- Deadline for full-paper submissions, August 15, 2019.
- Pre-conference Seminar “How to write & publish on top-tier journals?”, Sep. 25th 2019
- Conference presentations on September 26-27, UEH, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Inquiries regarding the Conference should be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information on the Conference will be posted on the website: http://gpml2019.sog.ueh.edu.vn/