Economic Hub, The City that Never Sleeps, The Vibrant Vibes, The Most Livable City in Vietnam - you name it, we are it!
Ho Chi Minh City, also known as Saigon, is at its most dizzying: a high-octane city of commerce and culture that has driven the country forward with its pulsating energy. A chaotic whirl, the city breathes life and vitality into all who settle here, and visitors cannot help but be hauled along for the ride. It is, indeed, a city of unbridled energy and romantic fervour - thriving with culture and commerce that has driven Vietnam towards social and economic development. Fascinating, chaotic and effervescent, this city is sure to take your breath away.
It is the most crowded city in the country with an official population of almost 9 million people in a total area of over 2,061 km2. The city now comprises 19 districts and 5 suburban districts, with several main landmarks and tourist attractions:
Built in 1909 and known as Hôtel de Ville de Saïgon, the building with its ornate façade and its elegant interior lit with crystal chandeliers, is one of the city's most prominent landmarks and is now the office of Ho Chi Minh City People ‘s Committee.
Municipal Theater (Opera House)
First built in 1899 as a theater for French troupes’ performances, the building then served as the seat of South Vietnamese National Assembly in the late 1950’s. The theater has been renovated in its original architecture and used for Vietnamese variety shows ranging from traditional music, orchestral performances, fashion shows to symphonies and operas.
Notre Dame Cathedral
The Cathedral was built between 1877 and 1880 on the site of the former Citadel‘s arsenal. The façade is made of red brick in the Neo-Romanesque style and is framed by two square belfries 40 meters high. A statue of Virgin Maria with a height of 4.2 meters was erected later. You can see communion celebrated here two times a weekday and four times on Sunday.
General Post Office
Located on the east side of the square in front of the Cathedral, it was built between 1886 and 1891 in European style architecture with a great glass and ironwork dome. A huge mural of the map of Saigon was later added at the beginning of the 20th century.
Ben Thanh Market
This large covered central market together with Binh Tay Market in Cho Lon (Chinatown, District 5) is the largest in Saigon. Ben Thanh market was completed in 1914 at the intersection of Le Loi, Ham Nghi and Tran Hung Dao Boulevards. All kinds of products and services are available here every day from 06:00 A.M. to 06:00 P.M. Night market is on both sides of the market, busy from 6 pm till very late at night.
Nguyen Hue Walking Street
Nguyen Hue Walking Street is the most beautiful and largest road in Ho Chi Minh City with colorful decorations and a modern water fountain system. This is considered the heart of District 1. Nguyen Hue Walking Street runs from the People’s Committee Building of Ho Chi Minh City to the Saigon River. The present reconstruction was finished on 30 April 2015 at the 40th anniversary of the Reunification of Vietnam and soon became the hub of the city. The area of President Ho Chi Minh Statue Park is set with Uncle Ho’s copper alloy statue with a height of 7.2m, facing the Sai Gon River. Nguyen Hue Walking Street is the place to organize parades, meetings, street and flower festivals, exhibitions, culture and sports activities, and art performances of Ho Chi Minh City. The walking zone has two lanes for transportation circulation. In the center, it is the During Tet, various flower exhibitions and displays highlight the area.
Located in downtown Saigon, the building was formerly the Norodom Palace where Indochinese French Governor-General resided during the mid-19th and early 20th centuries. The original, first built in 1868, was handed over to Saigon Authorities headed by President Ngo Dinh Diem after the 1954 Geneva Accord and served as his official residence. In 1962, two pilots of South Vietnamese Air Force who were much disaffected by the Ngo family regime bombed and partially destroyed the building. A new palace was designed and rebuilt on the same site, and the construction was finished in 1966. Its main gates were torn down on April 30th, 1975. The building was then renamed the Reunification Palace and is now reserved for governmental receptions, international seminars and exhibitions and tourist sites alike.